Wednesday, June 25, 2008

La Publicité


There are lots of billboards all over Paris, in the subway, on bus shelters and buildings, and like these, simply popping up in the median of a busy boulevard. Many of these freestanding billboards feature three different ads that scroll in succession, stopping for a few moments on each panel. The four boards here I was able to catch mid-scroll, changing in unison like a little ballet. (That blue band across the top is the bottom of one ad; the full ad in orange was not yet revealed.)

But wait there's more. A couple of months ago, I noticed that one of the billboards around the corner from us was Bluetooth enabled, complete with instructions on how to "telecharge" (that's French for download) more information. Since I don't have a Bluetooth device, I couldn't give it a go. Last week, I went back to take a picture but the technology upgrade was gone. Ah well...technology and advertising march on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails