Saturday, July 3, 2010

But It's A Dry Heat


Forgive me but when the weather goes to extremes, it's hard to think about anything else. Just like this time last year, it has been super hot in Paris this week with the highs topping out around 90. Air conditioning is more of an idea than a reality. The only real way to cope is to dress lightly, stay hydrated, and keep out of the sun. And pity the poor dusty tourists who must do all to get the most out of their Paris vacation, including these two who at least found shade and comfortable place to sit beneath the Arc de Triomphe. I feel as crumpled and sweaty. At least I don't have to run around to see all the sights. Right now, soaking my feet, a cold drink, and a spot on the couch by the open window sounds just about perfect.

Update: Dark skies and rain showers this am and the canicule already seems to be a thing of the past.

3 comments:

MJ said...

I don't know why I'm always so desperate for summer to get here -- as soon as it does, I'm ticked off.

The rain helped a lot but it's still muggy as heck chez nous. Hope you're faring better.

Starman said...

Who would have guessed they're tourists? I know this will come across as rather nasty, but those two look like they need to walk a lot in the heat.

TN said...

Can you believe it's hot again so soon?!??

oh my...I am from Florida and I am complaining ;-0

Weird because if I was "home" there would be NO WAY I would live without Air Conditioning like I am here. SO the humidity is better here for sure. But I think it is actually hotter here.

The weather report yesterday said it was going to rain...but now it says it's gonna rain tomorrow.

Just as long as it is NOT Monday...our Sea Shipment arrives. And we need the movers to work!

Have a great HOT day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails