Saturday, August 28, 2010

Simply Gorgeous


I spotted this door knocker on a side street, just steps from a route I walk practically every day. I would have missed this amazing little architectural detail entirely had I not had to retrieve my apartment key from a friend who graciously watered my plants while I was away. I have been wowed by several door knockers in Paris but this one takes the cake, don't you think?

The other side of the double door must be a clue to the original owner's identity but it's just a tantalizing pendant today.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Oh my, the details are just beautiful....a true work of art.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Wouldn't you just love to know the story? The top one of the pair seems a little on the Art Deco side but the bottom one looks to be from an older design.

They are gorgeous and set against that incredible blue just makes me swoon!

Ron @ DubaiFunHolidays said...

its a true work of art, i have noticed brass knockers are very popular in britain esp london, people love have them on their doorsteps and they look great too

Related Posts with Thumbnails