Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Now That's a Paris Sky


It's been super dry in Paris of late.  The farmers are none too happy but the rest of us are getting spoiled by a very long string of sunny days with highs in the mid 70s Fahrenheit.  (Of course, wouldn't you know it -- when I got up this morning, it was raining.)

The day I snapped this photo the skies darkened several times, creating dramatic light and cloud effects.  The anticipated rain never materialized.  Perhaps it's some kind of cosmic reward for the long dreary winter which now is barely there in my memory.

5 comments:

Camille said...

I always really like this kind of clouds above Paris (even better if the rain does not come...)...it makes me feel I'm in a Paris movie, no more in "real Paris"....

Jeanne said...

The seasons can be so fickle especially when counting on the rain or sun:-) Beautiful shot!

Sweet Freak said...

I seriously think there's something about the sky over Saint Eustache!

http://godiloveparis.blogspot.com/2010/03/weather-check-petulant.html

Amy said...

A magical Parisian sky. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'd rather be in Paris in rainy crappy weather than anywhere else...

Starman said...

It would be nice if the rain is over by the end of June.

Related Posts with Thumbnails