Saturday, March 5, 2011

In Which I Am Considered an Expert of Sorts

Expat life has its glamorous and mindblowing moments.  And then there are days like yesterday when I went to the gym, did two loads of laundry, made a trip to the supermarket and the post office, baked brownies and made a lasagna, changed sheets, and had a parent teacher conference.  Not exactly the kind of life that gets you on the best seller list.  Fortunately, I will spare you additional boring details about my life and instead send you over http://www.wanderingeducators.com/  which yesterday posted an interview of...... me!  If you've been reading along here for awhile, you might find some of this repetitive.  ( But like I said, expat life has its dull moments.)  Thanks to Jessica Voigts of Wandering Educators for the opportunity.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Utterly spectacular post - enjoyed reading it! Favorite quote: "It was simply a relief to tell my boss, “I’m sorry – my husband got a new job. We have to move to Paris.” " I feel a little sad that you will be leaving this adventure to come back to DC (which seems humdrum to me, then again I am a far-burbs girl). Love the new tidbits highlighted because just last night I bought another set of plane tickets back. Late April in Paris (plus Amsterdam). Incidentally I took the same photo, same spot, of that "blue tree mural" in January... my usual hotel is around the corner. Were you a writer previously?

Anne said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. I have enjoyed writing since high school and did a lot of writing professionally in various positions as a health policy analyst.

Harriet said...

Loved reading the interview. Thanks for the link.

Starman said...

Cool interview. Are you and the family anxious to get back to the US?

Anne said...

Starman: Definitely not anxious to get back but since we're going back, I'm bound and determined to make the best of it. It will be a new chapter for all four of us.

starman1695 said...

Further info about calling with Google. I prepaid $10.00 to pay for European calls. I've called Germany about ten times and France four or five times. I still have $8.58 left. It's clear as a bell. The only minor problem is the delay between what you say and when the person on the other end hears it. It kind of works like a walkie-talkie, you can't both speak at the same time. But then, why would you want to?

Related Posts with Thumbnails