Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Up Up and Away


Spotted in Belleville in the 20th arrondissement, not too far from where that iconic French film, The Red Balloon, was made. My walk through Belleville took me through a noisy open air market, a bustling street lined with Asian restaurants and food shops, some of the quietest little lanes I've seen in Paris, and a sweet community garden brimming with vegetables, herbs, and flowers. And then there's the view of Paris from the Parc de Belleville -- in a word, fantastique. This wall was one of several beautifully rendered murals my friend and I encountered on our walk. You can learn more about it here.

2 comments:

Starman said...

I love those open markets; the sights, the smells,the sounds. Belleville has been reinventing itself for at least a year or so. I guess the Bobos are running out of places.

Anne said...

Can't beat the prices either...a euro for a melon, 57 centimes for 2 gigantic red peppers, and less than euro for 4 small heirloom tomatoes. Hard to find that elsewhere in Paris.

Related Posts with Thumbnails