Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Le Grand Bordel


When I hear horns honking on my block, it usually means that someone has parked in front of a building entrance, blocking the residents from either entering or exiting.  One morning last week, the honking was more insistent than usual and when I looked down to the corner, I saw this mess or as they say, un grand bordel.  My guess is that there was a vehicle around the corner to the left, perhaps a garbage truck or a bus, blocking the one-way,  one-lane street.  But just what the fellow in the white car was thinking, the one turning right the wrong way down the one-way street, I cannot imagine.  And of course, the motorcyclist was doing what they always do, weaving in and out of traffic, making time and making car drivers crazy.

Twenty minutes later, when I looked out the window again, all was back to normal.

1 comment:

Starman said...

I love the crazy way they drive in Paris and that is not the first time I've seen someone trying to go the wrong way. I also saw a guy with a white van block the street when firetrucks were trying to get past. They had to wait until the driver came back and moved the van.

Related Posts with Thumbnails