Monday, September 14, 2009

Going, Going....


For those of you who are already in Paris, run, don't walk, to the Musee Marmottan by Wednesday, September 20th. That's the final day of a dual photography exhibit featuring the work of Lucien Clergue and Yann Arthus-Bertrand. While their work has been on display for months, it was only this past weekend that I happened in and only because I had guests in town. Clerque's most stunning works are nudes photographed in the surf, shimmering with light and shadow. Bertrand has captured Paris from the sky, zooming in on patterns in plazas, gardens, and monuments. The 25 minute film, Paris Vu du Ciel, featured some of the most incredible shots I have ever seen of what must be the world's most photographed city. A new book of Bertrand's work is slated for publication this month and I can assure you that I will be standing in line at the bookshop the day that it goes on sale.

4 comments:

Starman said...

There is a book titled Above Paris by Robert Cameron and Pierre Salinger which has the best pictures of Paris I've ever seen. http://www.amazon.com/Above-Paris-Pierre-Salinger/dp/0918684196 It was first published in 1984, and it too, is full of pictures taken from a plane. I'm not sure if you know, but in order to take those pictures, they must have permission from the state and the city. Sadly, I will not be in Paris until after the exhibition closes.

Shelli said...

I had sort of decided not to go, so thanks for the recommendation. I really like Arthus-Bertrand's work.

Shelli

Beth Dunn said...

Wish I was there xoxo

Cécile Qd9 said...

Good idea !

Related Posts with Thumbnails