Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gift Shopping

I know it's not December yet but as an expat with transatlantic shipping to think about, I've been doing a bit of browsing to see what's on offer that might make suitable presents for the folks back home.  The only problem is that I seem to be having a hard time focusing on the people on my list.  Instead it seems that everywhere I go, I find a dozen things I want to buy for me.  In particular, I keep circling around the fun home and garden items by Derrière la Porte (DLP).  I mean, don't you think I need a whole new set of canisters like this?


And given that we'll soon be heading back to Washington, DC where, by law, drug stores and grocery stores must charge for plastic sacks, don't you think it would be wise to invest in several of these?



And don't you think this would be just the thing for the kitchen table?


You don't have to be in Paris to find these cuties.  Just Google the brand name and you'll find a number of on-line retailers in far flung places around the world selling them.  DLP's own Web site is brand new and showcases all the latest.  Regrettably, like many French sites, it uses Flash making it super stylish but not so user friendly.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice collections, Thanks for sharing with us.
Regards,
Shopping India
------------------------------------------------

Sweet Freak said...

This is classic Amy Behavior. I can avoid buying things for months upon months but as soon as the Christmas season rolls in, I see a gazillion irresistible things that I just must have. I say, go for it Ann!

Pepe Le Pew said...

I was chuckling to myself and thinking "just like a girl, thinking about herself" then I saw the napkin dispenser. Sweet!!!

Starman said...

By all means, you are definitely deserving of all those things...and more. Treat yourself while you can.

Anonymous said...

This post is so funny and cute, Anne! Go ahead. Splurge. Take as many little pieces of your Paris with you. You wont regret it later. Maria O. Russell

Related Posts with Thumbnails