Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fighting the Cold

Some time late last week, the temperatures in Paris took a nose dive straight into the deep freeze.  When I woke up yesterday, the weather.com gadget on my desktop read 24 degrees F with an expected low for the day of 33.  Huh?  Well that's just how things go sometimes in Paris.  And to those of you who live in the frozen tundra and who are scoffing at those temperatures ("practically tropical," I can almost hear you saying), let me just tell you that I have it on good authority from a Montreal native that it really does feel colder in Paris, no matter what the mercury is reading.

Fortunately, I have some indoor projects that need my attention.  For the rest of you, I have a stash of grafitti photos piling up that I can share with you, at least to tide me over until I'm in more of a let's-get-outside-walk-around-and-take-pictures mode.  I admit that they're a bit on the drab monotone side but welcome to my world.






7 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Love these.

Cynthia said...

I concur that it often feels colder in Paris than in Montreal! The weather should be better by Friday ... courage!

Rob said...

I'm going to do a similar post, you got there first! Where is this graffiti? Tweeted it. Rob x

zannelaw said...

This is civilized people's grafitti. Wish I lived with civilized people

Rebecca said...

Buttes aux cailles?

Anne said...

I failed to take good notes and can't quite reconstruct where I took these. But my best recollection in the order of the photographs (top to bottom)is 17th, 16th, 5th, and 3rd. None from Butte aux Cailles although it's certainly a grafitti hotspot.

Starman said...

Grafitti seems to be taking on a life of its own...everywhere.

Related Posts with Thumbnails