Saturday, February 5, 2011

Real Men

While the French were going nuts last weekend when the national handball team won the world championships for something like the 4th year in a row, there was a collective yawn from the other side of the Atlantic.  Handball -- you must be joking.  This Sunday is the biggest sports event for Americans: the Super Bowl.  I won't be watching.  To be honest, I wouldn't be watching even if I were back home.  Football?  Not my thing.  Even less so when it's Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh. 

The macho game on this side of the pond is rugby.  And thus you might be surprised to learn that the Parisian team (Stade Français ) wears pink uniforms.  Yes, pink.  And hot pink at that.  Check it out.


And it's a pretty good bet they eat quiche too.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Most excellent!

Starman said...

I like rugby. I am surprised at the color of the uniforms, but European men are much more comfortable with themselves.

Pamela said...

Rugby is VERY big here on the island! But pink?

PreteMoiParis said...

I love the pink rugby uniforms! Great post.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog by pure chance and am now on 7th page or so!
These guys are also infamous for their highly suggestive calendars. You might check for "Dieux du Stade" calendar, but make sure kids or boss are away from your screen :-)

This Pink color was an idea of Stade Français owner, Max Guazzini.

Related Posts with Thumbnails